For day three I busted out my electric guitar and figured out how to get the clean sound into the computer for recording. I used the USB cable that came with the Rocksmith game and it turned out to work very well. I brought it in clean and used lots of effects processing to get the sound I wanted, and I think this worked pretty well.
On the downside, I’m really rusty at playing solos, and even rustier with a slide, so it took several takes to get the guitar solos down. The last take is what I went with because I’m actually only allowing myself a fixed amount of time for each song. Also, I’m learning as I go.
Learning in public is scary.